It’s a mobile office. It’s a virtual wallet. It’s a lifeline. And now, it’s a hotel room key.
Now you can use your SPG® app to check in, get your room number — even unlock your door at W Doha Hotel & Residences.
W Doha Hotel & Residences is the first luxury lifestyle hotel in Qatar to offer keyless room entry in the Middle East. The SPG Keyless is part of a global Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) initiative, which made its official debut this week in 10 hotels in markets including Beijing, Hong Kong, New York, Los Angeles and Doha.
SPG Keyless is a ground-breaking turning point in the traditional hotel experience, redefining the age-old way guests arrive and check-in to their rooms. SPG Keyless – powered by the SPG app – enables guests to bypass the front desk (where available), go directly to their room and unlock their stay with a simple tap of their smartphone.
HOW IT WORKS
- SPG Members must register their phone once through the SPG App and allow push notifications.
- After booking a reservation at a keyless hotel and approximately 24 hours before arrival, SPG members are invited to opt-in to SPG Keyless.
- Guests will receive a push notification noting that they are checked in and the SPG App will update with his/her room number and Bluetooth key when the room is ready.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest can completely bypass the front desk (where available) and go directly to his/her room.
- After ensuring his/her Bluetooth is enabled, the guest simply opens the SPG App, holds the smartphone to the door lock, waits for the solid green light and enters the room.